This tool allows you to arrange data such as text, images, links, forms, etc. - into columns and rows of cells. You may also include a caption for your table, providing a short description of the table's purpose.
Who has access:
You must have one of the checked permissions to use this manager.
- Create an insertion point for the table by using your mouse and placing your cursor in the editor where you intend to insert the table.
- Select the Insert/Edit Table icon from the Editor Toolbar.
- ROWS: Enter the number of rows for your table.
- COLUMNS: Enter the number of columns for your table.
- BORDER SIZE: Enter 0 if you do not want a border on your table. The higher the number, the larger your border.
- ALIGNMENT: Select your table alignment from the drop down list.
- WIDTH: Enter the width of your table in pixels or as a percentage.
- HEIGHT: Enter the height of your table in pixels.
- CELL SPACING: Enter the amount of spacing you want around the table cells.
- CELL PADDING: Enter the amount of padding you want inside the table cells.
- CAPTION: Enter a caption for your table if necessary. This will appear centered across the top of your table.
- BACKGROUND IMAGE: Select an image from your My Files area to set as the background image for your table. Text will appear on top of this image.
- SUMMARY: Enter a summary for your table. The text you enter specifies a summary of the content of the table. The information does not appear on your website.
- Click OK to insert your table or Cancel to exit the Insert/Edit Table dialog box.
- Click the Save icon in the upper right corner of the screen to save your work.
- Select your table by left-clicking anywhere inside the appropriate table cell
- Right-click inside the cell to bring up the update table options dialog.
- Select the appropriate action for the task you are trying to accomplish.
- CELL: By selecting Cell, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Insert Cell: Insert a new cell before or after the selected cell.
- Delete Cells: Delete the selected cell or cells.
- Merge Cells: Merge cells across the column. To merge cells, highlight the contents of both cells. Right-click the highlighted content in one cell and select Merge Cells.
- Split Cells: This will split one cell into two cells.
- Cell Properties: Set properties for the selected cell using the Cell Properties dialog box.
- Insert Row: Insert a row before or after the selected row.
- Delete Rows: This will delete the selected row or rows.
- Insert Column: This will insert a column before or after the selected column.
- Delete Columns: This will delete the selected column or columns.
- DELETE TABLE: Select this option to delete the entire table.
- TABLE PROPERTIES: Set your table properties using the Table Properties dialog box.