Outlook 2010: Quick Links
Please Note: Demo sites do not include domain name service or email accounts.
- In Outlook 2010, click the "File" tab.
- Click the "Add a new email account" button.
WARNING: Do not edit an existing email account.
You must use the Add a new email account feature or you will lose your current email. To sync your IMAP folders, please read the IMAP Folder Sync
section once setup for the new email account is complete.
- Click the 'Next" button.
- Select the IMAP radio button.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Your Name: Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the "From" field of messages you send.
- E-mail Address: Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- User Name - Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password - Enter the password for your email account. If you want Outlook to check for mail without prompting you to enter your password, check the "Remember password" box.
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): secure.emailsrvr.com
- Click the More Settings button
- Click the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box.
- Select the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" radio button. Leave the default setting, "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" selected.
- Click the Advanced tab and select the first This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
- In the Incoming server (IMAP) box, enter the secure incoming port: 993
- Select the second This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter the secure outgoing port: 465.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Finish" button.
- Click the "Close" button.
Please be sure to follow the instructions below to keep from losing your old email from your previous mail host.
- Follow the setup instructions provided above for adding a new account. Please DO NOT edit an existing account as you will lose your old emails and folders.
- Once the new account is created, begin adding your previous folder structure to the new account so it mirrors your previous setup.
- Within your email client, copy the emails from the folders on the old account to the folders on the new account.
- Click Send/Receive to sync up the messages from your email client to the mail server. Please note: depending on the number and size of the messages, this could take several minutes.
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if you have added folders in Webmail and they are not showing in Outlook, perform the following steps:
- Select Tools / IMAP Folders and Click the Query button.
- Select the newly added folder(s), click the Subscribe button and click the OK button.
- Restart Outlook to update the folder list.